Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Even more fun places to watch movies!


After my last post, Kim and Mike both emailed me about some summertime funtime movie nights they frequent. Having this many options is the best and worst thing about New York in the summertime-- but what a fantastic conundrum to be in! Turns out I'll be watching several movies a week through the end of August. And most of them for free. Darn.

This Friday I'll be checking out Gandahar at the Rubin Museum, a film I can not believe somehow has evaded me all these years: French animated scifi craziness. YES. Picture to the right, is enough for me. Films at The Rubin start at 9:30 and are free with a $7 bar minimum.

And don't forget about movies under the Brooklyn Bridge on Thursday nights! On the 22nd they're showing one of my faves-- Being There. If you've never seen it, its a charming movie with Peter Sellers in one of his final roles. Bring a plastic cup if you come so I don't drink an entire bottle of wine by myself and end up too drunken and melancholy. Movies at Brooklyn Bridge Park are free and start around 8.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

If anyone's actually read this post, and is planning on meeting me at the rubin on friday, I'm sorry to say that was all lies. I mistakenly like triple booked myself for that night. Holla if you're interested in tracking down gandahar for a viewing at another time though. I might straight out buy it, unseen it looks so rad.